Author Topic: Adam and Eve?  (Read 1515 times)

Gregg

Adam and Eve?
« on: January 11, 2009, 05:20:18 AM »
This sort of a deep question, requires some beyond the box thinking. Recently, Pastor Rick Warren was comparing Gay relationships to what mainstream society refers to as perverted or at least kinky. One of those references to gay sex was "incestual."

Was Adam and Eves relationship that way. If they were the beginning of sex and mankind, were they not brother and sister? Who else was around in those days? I suppose we could allude to the fact they were separate entities, but who says, and that doesn't make sense. Are we one big dysfunctional family in this world?

What most overlook when taking exception to gay relationships, is that almost everyone has more than one sex partner. Call it adultery, fornication, whatever, but mainstream society seems to give monolithic perversions a pass, while attacking faithful gayness. It's very much like the good ole boy network of husband with a mistress, very acceptable. But not acceptable for a wife to talk of her lover on the side.

Righteous and pure is in the eye of the beholder most often and what Society deems acceptable. I for one, am a total believer in heterosexuality but also believe in virgin brides which seems outdated today. One partner for a lifetime, man/woman. But we must address scapegoating also and devising our own set of rules. It has a tendency to be smug and prudish.

Ggg

shebuilt

Re: Adam and Eve?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 07:18:24 PM »
Very well stated Gregg!

Joanne

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 09:00:12 AM »
I think you are not noticing that 50% of straight people get divorced nowadays, Gregg. What does that say about their amounts of fornication?
Get with it - people don't pair up like they used to.
Things are chaning. We don't travel like we used to, eat like we uised to, or even entertain ourselves like we used to.

People have serial monogamy. You yourself have talked about being VERY sexual in these boards years ago. I remember those days, El Greggo!!

Gay people are no different than you - not any more than Black people, or red ones, young ones or old ones. Social norms change. That's all.
Animals in the wild have gay relationships more than straight ones.

Citing quotes or images from the bible like this is disrespectful of other people's choices. I say live and let live. Stop casting aspersions on others.
Love thy neighbor.

Gregg

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 09:50:56 AM »
I'd be tempted to have a bang with Eve, even knowing what I know today. If she resembled Marilyn in a loin cloth, I'd take my chances. Hold the apple though, make it Purple grapes, grapes of ecstacy not wrath. Make it an ex-Stacy! Isn't there Purgatory or No?

Joanne

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 09:43:40 PM »
No

MartyCooley

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 09:13:45 PM »
Very well stated Gregg!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:05:23 AM by SallyT »

dougmccoy

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 08:49:14 PM »
i think there is zero virgin brides nowadays gregg.