Before you enter any of our specific Forums, we ask that you take a moment to read this important information about SelfhelpMagazine's (SHM) terms, conditions, principles and policies. Using our Web site constitutes your agreement to abide by these terms, conditions, principles and policies, otherwise known as the SelfhelpMagazine Code of Conduct. If you do not want to agree to our Code of Conduct, do not enter or use our Community Forums in any way.
SHM is owned and published by Pioneer Development Resources, Inc., a Nevada corporation. In this document, "we" refers to Pioneer Development Resources, Inc., (also herein abbreviated as "PDR"), "user" refers to You, and "Service Agreement" refers to our SelfhelpMagazine Service Agreement (accessible through a link at the bottom of all our main webpages, as well as in the entrance to the SHM Community Forums).
As a user, you are also subject to the terms of that Service Agreement, and any modifications of these agreements that we may publish from time to time. Users who violate the terms of the Code of Conduct or Service Agreement may be banned permanently from using any of SHM's programs, including the Community Forums.
To participate in our Community Forums, we require that you accept and adhere to these terms, conditions, principles and policies.
- email addresses
- links to self-serving or self-promotional websites
- offensive Material
- off topic posts
- phone numbers
- sexually explicit references
- slanderous statements
- research questions
- suicide threats
- threats to other members will be removed.
The information below is provided to further explain the above outlined terms, conditions, principles and policies:
- We welcome adults of all ages, races, religions, genders, national origins, sexual orientations and points of view. We do not tolerate expressions of bigotry, hatred, threat, harassment; stalking or other abusive behavior.
- The SHM Community Forums are a commercial service, and not a public service. Your right to speak freely here must be exercised with courtesy and self-restraint. When you enter SHM, it is like entering any other privately-owned facility, such as a class room, auditorium, movie theater, restaurant, or shopping mall. We expect you to be well mannered and respectful of the rights of others. The etiquette and laws of the "real world" apply, and we have the right to remove you just as we would in the "real world" if you fail to comply with this Code of Conduct and our accompanying Service Agreement. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Because we encourage discussion and exchange of ideas, we do not allow threatening, defamatory, abusive, tasteless or indecorous statements. For the same reason, we do not allow vulgar material in conversations, topics or nicknames. In offering the SHM Community Forums, we seek to promote personal communication in an atmosphere of mutual respect. You are entirely responsible and liable for all activities conducted through your behavior here. We are unable to predict, much less control, your conduct, and so we expressly deny responsibility or liability toward you. We do our best to encourage healthy communication and to discourage communication we determine to be disruptive. We offer the Community as a free and therefore unpaid service to you. We rely on you to inform us of offensive postings, but do not promise to remove offensive postings within any specified amount of time.
- We recognize that children and teens need to have discussion areas that are appropriate for them, but we do not offer them at this website. We also do not allow discussions that suggest or encourage interaction between children or teens and adults for improper or illegal purposes. For the same reason, we do not allow sexually-suggestive innuendos or double ententes. If you are under the age of eighteen, this site is not developed for you. Please leave now, and do not return.
- We allow legal activities only. You cannot use our Community Forums or any other part of SHM to advertise or distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, or computer programs. In addition, we do not allow the trading or swapping of images that are sexually explicit. Additionally, even though impersonating someone else may not be illegal in all jurisdictions, we will do our best to prevent you from doing so in our Community Forums.
- We do not encourage Community Forum participants to give personal identifying information or passwords to anyone in any of our interactive areas. Users should be aware that, when they disclose personal identifying information such as their actual names, member names, telephone numbers, street addresses, personal websites, e-mail addresses, etc., in any online interactive area, the information may be collected and used by others to harm you. When you break our rules and post your identifying information against our policy statements, you run the risk of receiving unsolicited e-mail from other parties, or to be stalked or harassed by unidentified 3rd parties. We deplore such behavior, but we have no power to prevent it. Prevention falls to you alone, by withholding all information of the sort that can lead to such abuse. Stalking of others in our Community Forums or in another manner, is a serious offense. In many areas, such behavior is considered to be a criminal act. Whether it is forbidden in your jurisdiction or not, it is forbidden in the SHM website.
- We cannot guarantee the content of comments that you will receive while you are online. Other people's comments may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate. While we may offer Community Forums on a broad range of topics, our staff, authors and guests do not offer professional or medical advice of any kind, and we take no responsibility for their communications, either through our website or privately with you. We also do not take responsibility for your reactions to them.
- We do our best to prevent bots or malicious scripts to be placed on our server by anyone. We also do not allow posting or use of computer programs that contain destructive features, such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, etc. If you or anyone tries to install such programs through any avenue in our website will be reported to the proper authorities at our sole discretion.
- We do not allow you to engage in any commercial activity that we have not authorized in writing. We encourage communication between our members, but posting or transmitting of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation to other users is not allowed. This means we do not allow you to advertise your product by listing your website address or email address in our interactive areas. If you do so, we reserve the right to ban you from any area or areas of SHM, at our sole discretion.
- Without limiting the generality of any other disclaimer in the Service Agreement, neither we, nor our partners, nor our advertisers nor our third party content providers make any warranty with respect to any content, information or services provided through, or in conjunction with, our Community Forums, articles, reviews, cartoons or any other features of SHM. PDR, our partners, advertisers and third party content providers are not liable for conduct by any user of any part of SHM. PDR, our partners, advertisers, and third party content providers also make no guarantee of the accuracy, correctness or completeness of any information on the SHM website, and are not responsible for (i) any errors of omission arising from the use of such information; (ii) any failures, delays or interruptions in the delivery of any content or service contained within the site; or (iii) any libelous or unlawful material contained within user postings. As a user, you agree to indemnify PDR, its volunteers, staff, contributors, employees, officers, directors, partners, advertisers, and third party content providers against any and all claims and expenses, including attorney's fees, arising from the misuse of any part of our website. This expressly includes (i) user responsibility for any and all liability arising from the violation or infringement of proprietary rights or copyrights, and (ii) any libelous or unlawful material contained within user Community Forum postings.
- These Community Forums are maintained as a free service for public participation among magazine readers. All contributions must conform with PDR's requirements and policies. Users are individually liable for their own contributions and PDR expressly disclaims all responsibility or liability for any contributions. By posting a contribution, you grant PDR a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unrestricted, non-exclusive, royalty free license to use, copy, license, sublicense, adapt, distribute, display, publicly perform, reproduce, transmit, modify, edit and otherwise exploit any such contribution, in all media now known or hereafter developed. You hereby waive all rights to any claim against PDR for any alleged or actual infringements of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights, and rights of attribution in connection with such contributions. PDR reserves the right to monitor its Community Forums and to modify, edit or remove specific content or parts of content that it deems a violation of its requirements and policies, but PDR has no obligation to do this. PDR reserves the right to disclose any information necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post, or remove any information in whole or in part that in PDR's sole discretion is objectionable or in violation of this Code of Conduct.
- Our overall philosophy can be summarized with two simple sentences: Love it or leave it. Be nice or leave. If you agree, we welcome you with open arms and wholeheartedly look forward to your participation!
By selecting "Agree" below, you agree to and accept all of the terms, conditions, principles and policies set forth in this SelfhelpMagazine Code of Conduct.