Phil Rich, Ph.D.
In addition to his work as a clinician, Phil served as a program director for 14 years, and is currently the clinical director of a large residential treatment program. In these roles he has provided strong clinical and administrative supervision and leadership, designing and administering a number of treatment programs. He has also been active over the years as an instructor and presenter, has held adjunct faculty positions, and consulted to and provided training for many different organizations. Phil is the primary author and series editor of the eight books in the "Healing Journey" series published by John Wiley & Sons. These are journaling self help books that focus on life passages and issues, and promote the use of the therapeutic journal as a means for personal growth, self expression, and problem solving and as a self help tool to help people through difficult times in their lives. The books in the current series focus on journaling for individuals and journaling for couples, divorce, grief, menopause, job loss, retirement, and addiction.
Read Dr. Rich's Articles:
- A Process for Effective Decision Making
- Addictions and Addiction Treatment: Why Quit?
- Aging: How Best to Retire
- An Action Plan Brings Life to the Decision Making Process
- Before You Decide: What's Up With Divorces?
- Blueprinting the Future: Using Job Loss as an Opportunity for Change
- Boys Who Exhibit Aggressive Behavior Can Be Among The Most Popular
- Child Sexual Behaviors: What Is Considered "Normal" Sexual Development and Behavior?
- Do You Have Any Of TheseIntimacy Issues?
- Effective Communication and Healthy Relationships
- Helping Hands: Understanding and Receiving Support
- Intimacy & Sexuality: A Look at the Juvenile Sexual Offender
- Journal Writing and Self Help
- Receiving and Giving Feedback
- Recovering from Addiction: The Stages of Recovery
- Recovering from Job Loss
- Role of Sexuality in Relationships? Sex Lessons in Four Easy Steps
- Self Help and Psychotherapy: A Layman's Guide
- The Behaviors of Addiction
- The Nature of Self Help
- The Three Steps Grief Stages
- These Four Stages Of Life After Divorce Will Help You Move On To Your New Life
- To Couples Who WantTo Communicate Better UsingSelf-Help Couples Therapy
- Understanding Addiction
- Understanding The Impact Of Divorce And How To Work Through It
Our lawyers insist we add this note for your protection:
While our authors have met our criteria for publishing articles, we cannot comment on their other professional capacities. Be cautious if you chose to contact anyone through the Internet or hire them for professional services. Proceed at your own risk.